Monthly Archives: July 2011
Welcome to AAFF
The inaugural Asian Australian Film Festival (AAFF) will be a collection of films (both shorts and features) and panels that explore and define the identities and experiences of Asian Australians and Asian diasporic communities.
The AAFF is held in association with the Asian Australian Identities 4 conference, which is presented by the Asian Australian Studies Research Network (AASRN).
The dates are Saturday 12 November and Sunday 13 November, 2011 in Melbourne.
Session and screening times and venue tba soon. Email enquiries can be sent to: firstname.lastname@example.org
INFORMATION ABOUT SUBMISSIONS
Calls for film submissions has now closed and filmmakers will be notified by October. However, while planning is actively underway for many of the exciting AAFF sessions and screenings, there is currently a call out for people to send in video greeting messages for the main event.
VIDEO GREETING MESSAGES / ‘SHOUT OUTS’ (deadline 30 September):
The AAFF organisers wish to highlight and facilitate the positive influence that both leading figures and emerging talent in the Asian Australian community and its supporters have on those wishing to develop a voice, tell their stories, and make an impact in the mediums of film, video, and television.
One of the ways you can do this is to provide a short video message. Click on image to find out more:
Video messages can also be saved on DVD and mailed to the AAFF, c/- P O Box 2038, East Brunswick, VIC, 3057, Australia. Please label your DVD with your name and the subject ‘AAFF Shout Out’. Those selected will be featured at the launch event of the AAFF, and may also be used in its promotional trailer and on its website.
The AAFF Planning Committee
The film festival is convened by:
- Dr Indigo Willing OAM (University of Queensland; AASRN convenor)
- Mr Amadeo Marquez-Perez (15/15 Film Festival)
- Ms Mikala Tai (Asia Pacific Contemporary)
- Dr Tseen Khoo (RMIT University; AASRN convenor)
Additional AAFF team
- Maria Tran (Filmmaker; AAFF ‘Shout Outs’ director, Speaker and Invited Chair)
- Dr Audrey Yue (Melbourne University; AASRN AAI4 Conference)
- Dr Olivia Khoo (Monash University; AASRN Executive Member)
- Annette Shun Wah (Performance 4a; AAFF invited Chair)
- Matt Huynh (Artist; AAFF illustrator,ft. blog artwork)